Director of Online Learning, Community College 0f Aurora
Director of Online Learning, Community College 0f Aurora
Position Title: Director of Online Learning
Position #: 200100
Position Status: Exempt
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Instruction
Supervises: Educational Technology Trainer, part-time faculty & staff and work-study students
The Position: The Director of Online Learning coordinates the overall online education program at CCA and serves on the system-level Learning Technologies Council. At the college level, the position advises academic chairs and faculty in choosing appropriate courses and programs for online delivery and in choosing appropriate formats for those programs and classes. The position serves as the Systems Administrator for the Learning Management System and provides technical support to faculty, students, and staff. At the state level the position works with system colleagues to set online education policy, choose products and resources for the system’s online education programs, and manage transitions and changes as appropriate. The successful candidate will possess an innovative spirit and will demonstrate vision and good leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work proactively with Department Chairs to increase online and hybrid course offerings.
- Mentor and encourage professional growth for faculty.
- Provide support services for faculty and students enrolled in and working with on-line, hybrid and web-enhanced courses.
- Serve as the college’s representative to the CCCS Learning Technology Council.
- Serve as the Systems Administrator / Subject Matter Expert on the Learning Management System.
- Provide technical support on issues related to the Learning Management System.
- Assist in developing strategies for enrollment outreach and enrollment management to increase overall enrollment in online education offerings.
- Working closely with the Associate Dean for Instruction, co-chair the college’s Technology Committee.
- Develop short and long range goals for Online Learning including projections on how many new hybrid and online courses may be offered each semester.
- Assist Department Chairs and Faculty with incorporating more web-enhanced activities into existing courses.
- Work with Information Technology regarding any technology issues affecting Online Learning.
- Be knowledgeable of policies, issues, and laws affecting Online Learning.
- Remain current with system and national developments in online education, and choose products and resources appropriate for the college’s Online Learning programs.
- Manage workloads, course schedules, and meeting deadlines
- Other duties as assigned.
- A relevant bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Three years administrative, managerial or supervisory experience
- Experience coordinating / managing a online education program
- Demonstrated ability to administer a Learning Management System
- Experience teaching in an online environment
- Experience working collaboratively with faculty and staff using instructional technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A relevant graduate degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated skills in management and leadership
- Community college teaching experience
- Budget management experience
- Understanding the mission and purpose of a community college
Anticipated Start Date: August 1, 2009 or sooner as available
Application Process: To apply, send a letter of application specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to:
E-mail: HR@CCAurora.edu Note: E-mailed applications are preferred.
US Mail: Human Resources
Community College of Aurora
16000 E. CentreTech Parkway
Aurora, Colorado 80011-9036
Any applicant who knowingly or willfully makes a false statement on any material fact or thing in his/her application material is guilty of perjury in the second degree as defined in section 18-8-503, Colorado Revised Statutes, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished accordingly.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, however it is anticipated that we will begin screening applications on approximately June 29th 2009. E-mail HR@CCAurora.edu with questions regarding the application process.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”