Monday, August 13, 2007

Blackboard Vista Scheduled Downtime - Sept. 22-Sept 24

Hi Everyone-

We (David and the Learning technology Council) have spent the past couple of months talking about when/how to schedule the upgrade to application pack 2.

We felt we needed to do quite a lot of testing before beginning the upgrade because it may take some time and we need to know we can roll back if necessary (as you may recall, we rolled back once after starting the last upgrade to application pack 1).
We have several steps scheduled now, but not completed. Because the fall term is beginning soon and many of you are working on your schedules we wanted to let you know of any impacts this may have on your schedules.

The upgrade is currently scheduled for Saturday September 22nd beginning at 1:00 pm. The window we have in place goes through Monday, September 24th at 1:00 pm. Please don't schedule any due dates for students within those days and times.

The decision to upgrade during that window is not final -- the final decision won't be made until Sept. 15th when testing is complete. I will let you know as soon as I know, but meanwhile please plan around those dates.


No comments: