I can not replicate the issue. I check the CRJ 125 course and after I read all of the discussions on my end the thumbtack and asterick in the Course Tools menu disappeared.
Maybe clear your Java Cache and be sure your browser is set to load a new page every time you visit a page. The instructions are below.
Let me know what you discover.
: Delete the Java Cache
- Click on Start
- Click on Control Panel
- Double click the Java icon
- Under the General tab and near the bottom of the window is a section called "Temporary Internet Files" --> click the "Delete Files" button
- Close out of the settings window and the browser
- Re-open the browser
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Go to the Tools Menu
- Select Internet Options
- From the General Tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, Choose Settings
- Be Sure the Every visit to the page is selected.