We have a course designer position open at CCCOnline. If you have questions that are not answered below contact Cheryl.Comstock@cccs.edu.
The Colorado Community College System is the state’s largest system of higher education, comprising 13 state community colleges, career/technical programs in more than 150 school districts, and program oversight for seven other post secondary institutions. Each college offers a blend of core courses for the university-bound as well as career programs that meet local employers’ needs. Our high school programs are designed to increase the number of qualified entry-level and skilled workers for the Colorado economy. Altogether, we serve over 117,000 for-credit students per year. CCCOnline also serves secondary and continuing-ed constituents, increasing the total number of students served. We are a national model for utilizing advanced technology to deliver state-of-the-art academic and career education across the entire secondary through post-secondary continuum.
This position reports to the Director of Instructional Design. Provide support to faculty in the development and maintenance of online courses and the redesign of existing online courses for CCCOnline. Consult with faculty or other educators regarding development and delivery of educational and/or curricular materials for effective online courses. Develop appropriate instructional materials through interaction with faculty in both one to one sessions and via faculty development workshops.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Membership in CCCOnline Design Team.
- Assist faculty in the development of new courses.
- Assist faculty in the redesign of current courses.
- Communicate with designers and faculty through the design/development process .
- Collaborate with designers and faculty through the design/development process .
- Manage course-development project processes between faculty and chairs .
- Monitor courses for accessibility standards to ensure quality .
- Participate in training faculty when necessary .
- Develop instructional and presentation materials.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s of Art degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate field (e.g. instructional design, multimedia, web design).
- A minimum of one year of experience with online courses .
- A minimum of one year of experience working with faculty, preferably at a distance (online or hybrid setting).
- A minimum of one year of experience working with HTML and CSS standards and protocols.
- Experience working with computers and the internet.
- Knowledge of the BlackBoard© Vista learning management system, or another LMS .
- Knowledge of the following software applications; Microsoft Office, Dreamweaver or other web-design software, and various assessment applications (e.g., Respondus, ExamView, etc.) .
- Knowledge of graphics programs; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or alternative software.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Motivated and self-directed to work with multiple projects and people simultaneously
- One year of experience teaching online in a post-secondary setting.
- Experience in working with faculty developing online courses.
- Experience in working with and developing educational materials and various online applications.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $38,000-$42,000 annually
Excellent Benefit Package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement.
Submit a current resume, list of three professional references and your three most recent supervisors, copies of your transcripts (unofficial are acceptable as part of the application process – official copies will be required prior to hire) and cover letter addressing the position requirements to:
Or mail to:
Director of Human Resources
Colorado Community College System
9101 E. Lowry Blvd.
Denver, CO 80230
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications may not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer - The Colorado Community College System is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or disability in its activities, programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504, Age Discrimination Act, and Title II of the ADA. Written inquiries may be referred to the Director of Affirmative Action, 9101 E. Lowry Blvd., Denver, CO 80230-6011, or by phone at 303-620-4000.
Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
This position may require irregular hours, including nights and weekends, as well as working more than eight (8) hours per day at certain times.
Candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check prior to hire.