Dear CCCOnline Faculty;
Welcome to Fall Semester!
We have a new procedure this term for reporting students who are “no-shows” and are asking for your assistance in identifying and reporting “no show” students in your courses.
A “no-show” student is any student who has not yet logged into their course or communicated with you in some way, either through e-mail, phone or in the course itself before September 9. If a student has logged into your course once but made no postings, either through e-mail or discussions, or submitted no assignments or other course work, they can be considered a “no-show”. If you have any questions about the status of a particular student, please feel free to contact me.
The deadline for reporting “no-show” students is September 9, 2008.
Once you have reported a student as a “no-show”, they may be dropped from your course, however, not all colleges drop “no-show” students, so some students may remain on your roster. These students will need to be given an appropriate grade, probably an “F”, at the end of the term.
To report a student as a “no-show”, please follow the steps below.
- Go to your class roster here, https://at.ccconline.org/roster.
- Enter your Username and Password (the same you use for logging into
- Select the course from the list (if a course is missing, please contact Frank Vazquez at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Find the correct student
- Place a check in the box under the “No Show” column, there is no “submit” button, you can just check the box
- Return to the home page to select another course is appropriate
This information will be reported to the student’s home college.
**Some colleges will then drop the students, but not all colleges drop no-show students, so some students may remain on your roster.
If a student comes back after you have reported them, just send me an e-mail and I will update the student’s record.
Thank you for your time and your support!!
John H Schmahl
Director, Student Services