As you are ready to celebrate the end of the summer term, here are a few reminders of upcoming training events and more.
- As you prepare your fall courses for Quality Assurance checks which will be done on Thursday August 26th, review the Course Readiness Checklist.
- Don’t forget as part of the Checklist you must:
- Reset your course homepage
- Run the Grades Wizard
- Remove unused tools from the course navigation bar.
- Next week, we are offering a two part webinar series on Second Language Writers Wednesday August 25th and Friday August 27 at 1pm-2:30 pm with Dr. Ruth Brancard. Dr. Ruth Brancard has worked with learners and faculty for more than 30 years--at an intensive English language program for international students, at CCD in ESL and developmental education, and at UCD in the School of Education and Human Development. In the first workshop, you'll explore a range of student profiles that illustrate the diversity of second language writers and reflect on how knowledge of students' linguistic backgrounds and educational goals can influence instruction. In the second workshop, you'll use student writing samples to discuss guidelines for working with second language writers as they focus on improving their writing in English. The presentation draws on the presenter's own experience and research as well as research in the area of second language writing. Join us online via Elluminate. Access up to 15 minutes before the start time from:
- Sign up for the our faculty conference Constructing Quality: Expand your Toolbox on September 17th at Arapahoe Community College. Sessions are filling up, so sign up today! Information about the conference and registration
Please send your questions about the information in this post directly to Karen Kaemmerling at Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org