The November 14 deadline for course cleanup is sneaking up on us very quickly! Both designers and instructors are working hard to meet the deadline.
If you happen to go into your D2L shell and some of the designer tasks are not completed, don't panic! Designers are working diligently to complete their tasks in each course shell. Keep the following in mind as you work:
1) Use the "Instructor Tasks" checklist provided in the D2L training course to guide you in converting your course
2) You do NOT have to have your schedule and other "first day check" kinds of updates completed by Nov. 14.
3) If you have not already done so, you should complete the D2L training course and associated quiz by the 14th as well. Focus on those activities that will help you convert your course and get you up and running to teach in the spring.
4) DON'T WAIT until the last minute to look at and begin working in your course! While some courses converted very cleanly, not all did! It may take you longer than anticipated to complete your course, so jump in now! Don't be like our little dinosaur friends!
5) If you have questions about course conversion tasks, please contact your mentor.
And remember, replying to the email generated by this blog post replies to about 10 people in the CCCOnline office. If you have a question for me, please email me directly at email@example.com.