***If you have questions about this post, please email email@example.com***
Due to changes in legislation around who can request accommodations in a class, we are seeing an increase in the number of accommodation requests we get from students. Remember these important "guidelines" when addressing accommodation requests:
1) Students must request accommodation every semester in which they enroll, and they do so through the appropriate office on their home campus.
2) You will receive official notification of accommodation requests from CCCOnline Student Services Staff. If a student asks you directly about accommodation and you haven't received this notice from us, please contact John Schmahl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
3) The primary accommodations requested are for additional time on homework and additional time on exams. Because our courses typically provide information about homework assignments from the beginning of the term, we don't as a rule provide additional time for homework. We do, however, provide additional time on exams if requested, and D2L has made that process very simple! If you need assistance setting this up for a student, please let your D2L mentor know.
4) It's a good practice to touch base with any student who has requested accommodation to be sure that the accommodation(s) granted are working for him/her.
5. Click here for some great information and a tutorial on the ADA process: https://at.ccconline.org/faculty/wiki/Policies_%26_Procedures_-_Faculty_Handbook_-_Teaching_for_CCCOnline_-_Faculty_Role_In_the_Classroom_-_ADA_Training