You can now register for training through the Faculty Gateway when you select the Training Registration link at the right of the window. Currently, we are taking registration for:
-Managing Discussions from March 1-March 12- Designed for faculty new to online teaching and required in the first year after hire at CCCOnline, but also a great review of QA requirements and discussion basics.
-D2L Essentials from March 15-26- Are you struggling in D2L and need some more hands on practice? This is a self contained workshop reviewing the basic skills that are presented in D2L Essentials in the CCCOnline Community.
-Managing Discussions from April 12-23
Speaking of Discussions, here's instructions on Grading Discussions in D2L.
1. Go to the Discussions tool
2. From the Forums & Topics list, select the Ruler next to the discussion you want to grade
3. Select the Assessments tab
4. Click the student’s name in the list
5. Post the student's grade in the Topic Score dialog window
6. Be sure to click the “graded” check box
7. Click Save
8. Click Close to close the dialog window which will allow to grade the next student's discussion
For more discussion tips visit the wiki or join us on Friday Feb 12 from 1-3 for our D2L webinar. Log in at http://elm.elluminate.com/FRONTRANGE/ We will record the first hour on reviewing the Discussion tool in D2L and the second hour will be open for questions.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly at email@example.com.