I try not to send too many of these to everyone, but this is another local job opening. This one is from the Community College of Aurora.
POSITION TITLE: Instructional Technologist POSITION #: 210340
POSITION STATUS: Exempt FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Online Learning
SUPERVISES: May supervise Work Study Students
The Position: Located in the beautiful Rocky Mountain Region, the Community College of Aurora is looking for someone to provide leadership for faculty in the effective use of new and current technologies, for instructional purposes to support and improve student learning. The individual hired will plan and promote learning environments and effective use of learning technologies. This position will assume a leadership role in directing and providing faculty training and support in the use of instructional methodologies and computer technologies. This person must perform as a member of a team, as well as, possess the ability to work independently. Competitive candidates will be creative and energetic, with a passion for student and faculty success and an enthusiasm for teaching and training others on the use of technology in the classroom. They will be able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining the requirements and integrity of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train faculty who teach hybrid and online courses on all functions of the learning management system and other instructional technologies used online. Examples of this would be podcasting, audio presentations, creating online content, as well as utilizing Web 2.0 technologies where appropriate. This person would assist the faculty in designing their online and hybrid courses using elements that contribute to sound pedagogy for inquiry learning.
- Train faculty to use the learning management system functions required for face-to-face courses, including training and assisting with the creation of learning objects such as presentations, videos, podcasts, etc. This would include assisting faculty in locating learning objects available for use under creative commons licensing.
- Train faculty on classroom educational technologies, such as clickers, and interactive whiteboards.
- Provide support for students and faculty with the use of learning technologies.
- Train and supervise work study students to assist in training of faculty and students on Desire2Learning, Course Management System.
- Assist faculty individually, and through workshops, in the integration of different forms of technology into their curriculum.
- Provide hands-on assistance to faculty in the use of instructional and computer technologies.
- Must have an understanding and the ability to demonstrate how technology can enhance the teaching and learning process and work collaboratively with faculty and department chairs to enhance the integration of technology across the curriculum.
- Must work well with a variety of people across the college.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of various forms of multimedia such as DVD, Streaming Video, and other digital media.
- Serve as a member of CCA’s Faculty Development Committee.
- Work must be completed on-site and this individual must be willing and able to conduct workshops during the days, evenings and Saturdays.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology or related field.
- Strong computer skills including experience in MS Office application programs.
- Experience in course development, course conversions, and online delivery.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Experience teaching in both an online and classroom environment.
- Masters Degree, preferably in Instructional Technology, or Educational Technology.
- Minimum of two years of higher education experience preparing and delivering faculty and staff training in a variety of formats.
- Experience using a Learning Management System.
- A minimum of two years experience training adults.
- Experience in a community college setting
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
Application Process: To apply, send a letter of application specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to HR@CCAurora.edu
Any applicant who knowingly or willfully makes a false statement on any material or fact or thing in his/her application material is guilty of perjury in the second degree as defined in section 18-8-503, Colorado Revised Statutes, and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished accordingly.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: Application material will be accepted until position is filled, however, we anticipate that we will begin screening on March 15, 2010. E-mail HR@CCAurora.edu with questions regarding the application process.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
The Community College of Aurora does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Debbie Irvine, 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A201, Aurora, CO 80011-9036
“The Community College of Aurora provides lifelong educational opportunities, prepares the current and future workforce, and promotes excellence in teaching, learning and service to our diverse community.”