Thursday, March 29, 2007

Questions About Phonecasting

Hi All,

Some questions have come in since yesterday's post about using Gabcast. "What's phone casting?" someone asked. It's creating a podcast using a telephone. I mentioned Gabcast. Gabcast is one of the services that allows the creation of sound files using a phone.

You can get a free account at gabcast.com. I paid for an account because it allows me to upload files I've created on my machine or link to external files. It is also possible to create files and not publish them or hide them from being placed on the web. I wanted this option because I don't intend student work to be published to the web unless the person would want it placed there.

My Gabcast podcast is at http://www.gabcast.com/index.php?a=episodes&id=6604.

There are other services, no doubt. This is the one I currently find very usable.

Cheers,

Alice

No comments: