Friday, February 16, 2007

Featured Faculty: CIS Faculty, Designer, and Trainer Marilyn Godfrey from CIS


Editor's Note: Thanks Marilyn for this update on your bio. Marilyn characterizes the gusto that seems to be a trait shared by many who teach with us. Notice she mentions what she does in her "free time"!
I have been involved in Computer Information Systems in one way or another for the past 20 years. For most of my career, teaching about computers and software has been my specialty. I have also held positions in Systems Administration, Support, and Programming. I am currently employed as the Training Administrator with Douglas County Government in Castle Rock, Colorado. I am in charge of all course development, scheduling, e-learning and delivery of training to a staff of 1100 employees. I have been teaching Computer Information Systems courses for Colorado Community Colleges Online for the past 4 1/2 years and have enjoyed every minute of it!

I have a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Information Systems from University of Phoenix Online and a Master of Science Degree in Education, specializing in Instructional Design for Online Learning from Capella University.

On the personal side, my daughters are 17 and 15. My oldest daughter is a high school senior getting ready to head off to University of Wyoming in the fall of 2007. My youngest daughter plays harp and piano, as well as percussion in the school orchestra and is a member of the Colorado Springs Youth Symphony comprising musicians from all over the souther Colorado area. They perform locally as well as internationally.

In our free time, we enjoy travelling in our RV. We also enjoy boating and 4-wheeling on Colorado's many mountain trails. I also enjoy needlecrafts, sewing, gardening, reading a good novel and simply relaxing outdoors!

No comments: