This email is to let you know what to expect for logins and course sections for Fall whether you are teaching in VISTA or WebCT CE (Campus Editon):
USE THE NEW LOGINS FOR VISTA & WEBCT CE COURSE FOR FALL and TRAINING:
Access to all Fall courses will be with Banner ID’s and passwords in both Vista and Campus Edition.
Training started after August 1 will only use the Banner ID and password. Your Banner ID and information about your password has been emailed individually to each CCCOnline instructor. If you did not received this information, contact Jonathan.Fuller@cccs.edu or David.Chatham@cccs.edu.
Vista brings a different process for creating and duplicating sections for you. The is how it will work for Fall:
- Chairs submit requests.
- Student Services assigns section to instructor in Banner.
- Designers in consultation with faculty confirm that the Course Template is ready for use.
- Academic Technology links the new template to the sections.
- CCCOnline AT (Academic Technology Team) pick up Banner data run to show the section assignment from step 2.
- Beginning August 7, CCCOnline AT will begin to load faculty and course sections –updates as new courses are added will be sent to chairs.
- Faculty Login will be at this URL: http://online.ccconline.org
you will use your new login (S# + PIN – this info was sent August 1). You will see your course (s) there as it (they) are added.
- If you have questions about the dupe timeline, please contact your chair.
MULTIPLE VISTA SECTIONS
IMPORTANT: If you are teaching multiple sections of one course, you may update the first one and leave the others for us to copy. We are using a Template system this semester, so if you get one section completely ready and let your chair know, the Chair can have the others duplicated as a copy of the finished one, completing the process. This way you only have to get one section ready. If you are only teaching one section, then you simply make the changes in that section. This is similar to what we have done in CE.
FALL SECTIONS IN WEBCT CE
The URL for CE courses will be http://instructors.ccconline.org.
These sections will be created as requested by your Department Chairs. There have been some delays, due to the department reorganization and the software not cooperating with these changes. That has been remedied and sections should be coming soon for all.
Dean of Academic Technology